16802 N Hwy 88, Apache Junction, AZ | Directions 8521933.544365 -111.337755
M - Thu 10:30 - 5:00
Fri - 10:30 - 8:00
Sat - 8 - 8
Sun - 8-6
Rating of Canyon Lake Arizona Lakeside Restaurant and Cantina:
LAKESIDE RESTAURANT & CANTINA Apache Junction, AZ
The WORST Restaurant ever, Kitchen from Hell, and the Devil herself serving
1) Wait time to be seated - Normally if a restaurant is full and one table is available you'd be excited if you were next, but when half the restaurant is empty with 15 open tables it's actually very annoying to have to wait 20 minutes and constantly being told we need to wait a few more minutes seeing how busy they are! Yes it was Fryday night 3/18/11 and it took us 45 minutes just to drive from the city into the canyon and through the windy roads of the Tonto National Forest to get to the isolated LAKESIDE RESTAURANT & CANTINA going back was no option for 5 of us who were ready to have an All You Can Eat Fish & Chips dinner. (RATED: AWFUL)
2) Wait time to take dinner order – The cashier got us to a table and turned out to become our waitress she gave us menus and stayed at the cash register forgetting about us for another 20 minutes. Perhaps we should have read the menu another few times to pass the time but reading it was beside the point since we all were here for the All You Can Eat Fish & Chips dinner. (RATED: AWFUL)
2) Wait time to be served – This had to be the WORST waste of time ever no food was being server to us as it turned out the cashier that took our order did not place it with the kitchen but held on to it only to eventually pass it off to another waitress who then took the order in late. YES we arrived at 5:45 PM and dinner got to the table by 7:00 pm the restaurant closes at 8:00 PM (RATED: WORST)
3) Food Quality and Presentation – As soon as the food arrived thinking ahead perhaps ordering the second round of ALL YOU CAN EAT FISH & CHIPS might be a good idea since our first serving took over 30 minutes. But taking the first bite confirmed we just entered The Kitchen from HELL – burned fried fish all dried out and crunchy not even close to eatable. Hungry as we were trying to find just a small portion of fish that was not over cooked was like digging for gold in a dried out mine. (RATED: WORSE THAN WORSE)
4) Responsiveness and knowledge of servers – NEVER ask for seconds in this restaurant if you don’t want your head bit off by a YELLING waitress saying she’s been working since 10:00 AM and that we should not complain about waiting since she was tired. Perhaps the waitress had a bad day but yelling at customers who came for ALL YOU CAN EAT our expectations are at least that we could get a 2nd round of Fish and hopefully not dried out and burned to a crisp. Any waitress that yells at customers perhaps should find a less stressful job like get an office job or just stay at home and make babies. If the kitchen is too hot then get out. Or as Donald Trump would say YOU’RE FIRED! (RATED: IS THERE ANYTHING WORSE THAN WORSE)
5) Noise level – ambient – Normally when the customers are chatting it can be noisy but when the ENTIRE restaurant stops talking because a raving waitress is YELLING at hungry and very patience customers….that NOISE LEVEL is just unacceptable . (RATED: IS THERE ANYTHING WORSE THAN WORSE)
6) Return Visit? Are you kidding NEVER!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Lakeside Restaurant on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.